We’re crazy people. We like to run, and we love to race together.
So, it was kind of a spur of the moment thing, but we signed up and ran the Art City Days 5K on June 1.
It’s a, um, rather casual race. The start line is not well marked, it’s crowded (2,500 runners and walkers, with strollers and not), and it’s not chip timed (meaning when the gun goes off, your time is started whether or not you’ve crossed the start line). But, it’s inexpensive, family friendly and laid back.
Jared pushed the two youngest in our running stroller and even pushing them he beat me. Sigh.
Timothy just huddled at the start line. He was kind of annoyed that I wouldn’t let him wear his jacket, but I knew once he started running that he wouldn’t want it (I asked him post-race and he said I was right - ha!).
At any rate, I set a PR for myself on a 5K. I really tried to push it, and even though I finished last in our group with a time of 30:43, I’m happy with my performance. Jared came in second in our group with a time of 28:50 and Timothy scurried past us all and the crowds to finish at 28:11. We didn’t place in any of our categories, but that’s not why we run. We run because we can and because, well, we like to.
Comments
Post a Comment