I took Sarah and Timothy to the eye doctor on Friday, just for a regular checkup. As expected, Timothy passed with flying colors. He’s just about perfect with his vision (his first exam was right after Sarah was born), and it hasn’t changed since his last checkup a couple of years ago. He most likely will never need glasses.
Sarah, however, is a different story. She struggled with keeping her focus on a certain machine that helps read her vision and eye curvature. It’s a test that takes normally less than a minute, but she kept looking away and so the machine would reset. We must have been there for at least 5 minutes trying to keep her attention focused on looking inside of it.
My eye doctor was fantastic. He is great at explaining things to kids and being patient with them. He never got frustrated with Sarah, and kept trying to encourage her to do what he needed her to do. (If you need a new eye doctor, I know a guy. Been going there for at least 5 years, and I highly recommend him.) When we finally got the measurements, it wasn’t the stellar report that Timothy’s was.
The long and short of it is that Sarah already needs some vision correction. The best she read at was 40/20, but she struggled to get there. She also has astigmatism. (If you know my vision history, this all sounds very familiar.)
So, we ordered her some of these.
She chose them, and I think they are pretty cute, so I agreed. Fortunately, she thinks they are fun and seems willing to wear them. She also keeps asking me if it is time to pick them up yet. Hopefully when they are ready for her she will keep up her enthusiasm for them and wear them.
I also foresee a lot of running away from Ryan. He loves to reach for and grab my glasses when I wear them. But as Sarah usually runs away from Ryan anyway, it shouldn’t be anything too new.
Comments
Post a Comment