It seems like I was destined to have a summer off with my kids.
On Monday, I was offered a position with The RBL Group. They are a leadership training group located not too far from my home. After much consideration as a family, I accepted the position. I will be part of the support staff, editing and designing as needed for the various projects and clients that they are working with. I start Tuesday.
I am excited about this new position. It seems like it will fit well with our family’s needs, and it is very close to my kids’ school and our home. I will miss my time with my sweet baby Ryan, but I feel that this is the right decision. I haven’t even started working yet and they have said that I can be somewhat flexible with my schedule to accommodate my three kids. (The biggest of which is that once I am trained, I can shift my schedule to 8-4 so that I can be home about the same time that my oldest gets home from school.)
Thank you for all of the expressions of love and support, and prayers that have been offered, for me and my family. Losing my job was a challenge, but I am grateful for the tender mercies that have allowed us to pull through and be OK. We are OK! That is the biggest miracle, and an answered prayer. I knew we would be OK when I made my decision in May to leave the Herald; the hardest part was waiting to see how that prayer would be answered.
The biggest change for me will be that there is a business casual dress code. I haven’t had a dress code, really, for more than 10 years. (The perks of working at a newspaper, mostly at night.) If you know me, I’m not really much into shopping for clothes either; when you are 5’10” and need a 36-inch inseam, looking for pants that fit in stores can be an exercise in frustration, which is why I don’t really like shopping much. Online stores to the rescue!
The funniest part about this job, at least to me, is that I applied just because I was frustrated. I had just been turned down for two other positions and I was beginning to think that maybe I should just stay home, since no one wanted me. I think Heavenly Father was looking out for me when I was nudged to apply even though I felt like it was going to be another dead end. Thanks for that.
Here’s to a new adventure.
Sounds like the timing is perfect for your family. Another tender mercy.
ReplyDelete