Well, it’s official. I now have a sixth-grader and a kindergartner.
Timothy started on August 20. Timothy was very excited to go back to school: he loves learning and loves being part of the ALL program. He has had fun this summer learning all the different computer languages he can (C+, C++, Python, Java, HTML and CSS), but he is ready to go learn different things and be with his friends. The beauty of the ALL program is that he has had pretty much the same classmates for three years already, and he already has many friends.
Sarah started on August 27. She won’t tell me much about her day other than it was “great,” but she has only been in class for a few days. But she says that she loves her teacher, and the highlight of her day is recess where they get to go play on the playground specially reserved for kindergartners. Today she mentioned “the girl in the pink shirt,” whom she says she likes. Maybe someday soon I’ll know the name of this classmate.
So, now I have two kids in school. It’s kind of quiet in the mornings now, with just me and Ryan. That will change next week with me starting my new job, but I am happy to have been able to spend the summer with my kids and also happy to see them excited to be in school (again).
Comments
Post a Comment