I promise I feed him. Several times a day.
And yet, even if I’ve just fed him, this is Ryan’s position every time I’m eating anything at the table and he isn’t strapped into his chair.
Feed me. Now. I love … whatever you are eating.
He is practically demanding that we transition him to normal solid foods because he’s not as big a fan of his baby food anymore. He has started to chew and mash with his jaw (and several of his back molars are coming in), so we have started to transition him to what we eat, especially at dinner.
Which is just fine by Ryan, since that’s all he wants anyway. We have much more interesting stuff than his food. I don’t remember our other two kids being so insistent on having what we have. They showed interest, yes, but Ryan literally shrieks at us if we don’t get him another bite when he thinks he’s ready for one. (I realize that we are kind of rewarding his behavior, but I’m not sure how to get him to stop. If I just feed him, he begs all the way through my meal as well. And if we eat at the same time, sometimes we don’t get bites to him right away. It’s just an awesome catch-22.)
And he can be loud. Fair warning, if shrieking at high decibels hurts your ears, turn down your volume before playing the video.
As Ryan would say, let’s eat! (And let’s throw in some random shrieks just for fun, too!)
Comments
Post a Comment