This summer, I looked into getting something water-related for the kids to play with since I knew that we would be home a lot and I would have more time to play with them. So I found an inexpensive slip-n-slide at Walmart. I felt kind of bad because Timothy is 10 and he has never been on a slip-n-slide before. (Those were a staple of my childhood. I’m not sure how we haven’t gotten one before now.)
At any rate, we’ve gotten it out several times this summer. Most of these are photos from the first time we used it, but I’d say that my little experiment was a success. The kids have enjoyed playing on it many times -- especially hot days were the temperature nears or reaches the triple digits -- and Sarah has gotten pretty good at going all by herself. She at most only gets about halfway down before running out of momentum, but she still has fun, and that’s what counts.
This little guy didn’t want to be left out of the fun. I left him sitting in the grass and this is where he first showed me his “crab” walk: all fingers and toes. Ryan is so funny; he loves being outside but hates being on grass.
You know, there is a solution to this, little guy: Learn to walk.
But I will stop to flash you a smile, Mommy.
And then, he found the water sprays that come out of the slide.
This is fun, Mommy.
And the aftermath. Three soaking wet, thoroughly happy kids (also slightly cold). Success. Score one for Mom.
Comments
Post a Comment