Let me preface this post by saying that I think that sixth-grade graduations are on par with kindergarten graduations. Pretty much useless. But ...
... I attended anyway because I knew it was important to my son (even though he agreed with me on the eye-rolling worthiness of this event). It is a milestone. I just don’t think it should be couched in terms of a “graduation.” Whatever. i’m stepping off my soapbox now.
We came (as well as both sets of grandparents). We listened (it was short and sweet). And we ate (they held a barbecue lunch after). Timothy had fun with his friends, and we supported our son.
This is Dr. B, the principal at Timothy and Sarah’s school. (Sarah was in class, which is why she wasn’t in any of these pictures. But she got out of class in time to eat lunch with us, which was fun for her. She loved having Timothy come pick her up from class.)
And yes, Ryan still has blue eyes. I love that kid.
They had the sixth-graders walk across a little bridge to get their certificate from their teacher. Timothy’s class was last (they went alphabetically).
Mrs. Wakamatsu hurt her knee that morning; she normally isn’t in a wheelchair. But she wanted to be there for her students. Timothy really enjoyed being in her class this year.
And here is his class. Most of these students he has been with for the past 4 years, as they have gone through the ALL program together. Fortunately, he will still have these friends as most of them will go to the same junior high as Timothy.
Congratulations, son. On to seventh grade!







I feel as you do per "Graduation"
ReplyDeletebut a closure is important and note worthy
A fine day