Remember how I told you that we’re kind of crazy? If you need a refresher, look no further than here. It’s a list of all the blog posts about how we like to run.
So, if you aren’t into running, feel free to skip it. I promise my feelings won’t be hurt.
Every spring, Timothy and Sarah’s school holds an annual Spring Run-Off. It is one of the two fundraisers they hold each year. It is one that I’m glad to support because it means that they aren’t asking us to go door-to-door or bug our family to buy overpriced stuff. And, it’s fun.
Timothy has run it on his own since he transferred to the ALL program at his school. But they always hold it on a Wednesday, which was always hard for me to attend because of my schedule at the newspaper. Since I didn’t have that restriction this year, we made it a family affair. Sarah and Jared ran the kindergarten 1K course, and Timothy and I (with Ryan in the stroller) ran the 3K.
Timothy left me behind early and said he felt he did the best he has ever done, placing 8th in his grade. I was pushing my little guy and so I knew I wouldn’t be fast, especially since I had to dodge many walkers. I finished under 20 minutes, I think. I sort of forgot to start my GPS watch. Oh well.
The school holds the run in the afternoon, and I thought that Ryan, being the stubborn little soul that he is, would be fine in the stroller and that he would take a nap when we got home. People started to point at Ryan when I was finishing the run, but I just thought Ryan was being his cute self.
I’m not even sure how he fell asleep this way, but I just left him. Let sleeping babies lie.
And have fun with your family at a run.



Fun to hear the participants role
ReplyDelete