A friend and I made the trek to Bridal Veil Falls (all of 5 miles from my house) to take some pictures of moving water. We are trying to improve our picture taking and become more familiar with our cameras.
This shot was taken with a relatively high shutter speed. The fast shutter speed "freezes" the falling water and gives the falls a more turbulent look.
Exposure: 1/400 sec @ f3.8 ISO 200
Changing only the exposure settings I took another shot. It was taken with a much slower shutter speed which gives the water a much smoother, calm look.
Exposure: 1/5 sec @ f25 ISO 200
There were many more pictures, and if you keep on eye on my Flickr page you may see some more of them.
It was fun to go out and shoot just for the joy of photography. We've decided that we'll definitely be going out again.
Interesting. I like them both.
ReplyDelete