So this has been the year that never ends in terms of broken things around our home. I just don't understand why when it rains, it pours.
Our washing machine has been leaking in steadily greater amounts for a couple of months now. Jared took off the front recently to try to diagnose the problem, and pinpointed that the seal between the shaft and the drum seemed to be leaking.
I called the repair man and after looking at the model number, he told us that basically our washing machine was not worth fixing. Where the shaft is located and because it is spinning water into the transmission and other gears (because of the leak in the seal), it has basically trashed the rest of the washer. We'd probably have to replace the entire drum, which would cost more than the washer is worth at this point.
So in addition to fixing our fridge, Jared's car, the bathroom and our air conditioner this year, we now have a broken washer that we have to replace. Oh joy.
I keep wondering what I'm supposed to learn from all of this, or what the silver lining is. I suppose the best part about the new washer is that it doesn't sound like a rocket is taking off when it spins anymore. And our new air conditioner (when we get it this fall) will be more efficient than our 15-year-old one. And I really like how our bathroom is turning out. I just wish it wouldn't all happen in the space of about six months. Good grief. (This is a picture of our new washer.)
Congrats on your new washer--but I understand the phenomenon of everything going at once. It has to do with the life of things and the fact that you probably got most of them around the same time in the first place. Things have a way of wearing out, unfortunately!! I'm kind of there myself, so I really understand. This too shall pass :).
ReplyDelete