It was a combination of factors, but the final straw was seeing the sad state of our plates. Of the original set we got when we were married (10 years ago), we have three large dinner plates, three salad plates, and three bowls left (originally we had eight of each). I had looked before and hadn’t found a set that I liked when I saw an ad that I just couldn’t ignore. It was from a little place called IKEA.
So I made the trip for a set of dishes. They’re just plain brown stoneware, so I didn’t take a picture of them (maybe if you come over you can ask to see my plates, if you want).
While I was there, I also got a new office chair. And as is the tradition in our family, the youngest is the first person to sit on our new chair (it’s only a tradition because Timothy did it first, but I didn’t feel like denying Sarah the opportunity).
I think she liked it.
I sure love this girl.
Lucky you! I love new dishes, and it sounds like you surely deserved them. Cute, cute pictures of Sarah. Aunt Lynda
ReplyDeleteCute photos! We are big fans of IKEA around here, especially since we live nice and close. Sometimes I'm not so sure that it's a good thing to be so close...
ReplyDelete