This is about how I felt when I found out that I had actually won something from our quarterly State of the Herald meeting. It was two tickets to see Cirque du Soleil’s “Alegria,” which was making a stop at the E Center.
So, Jared arranged for a babysitter for our kids (thanks, John and Kathy!), and away we went. It was a pretty cool show. I’ve never been to one of their shows before, and I was impressed with some of the feats their acrobats can do. Let’s just say that I’m not fit enough to join their troupe. I’ve never seen so many six packs so closely before.
And we were close! Third row from the stage, on the floor of the arena. So close, that when they did a musical montage story, complete with snow, we were thoroughly immersed in the snow effect. Somehow a piece of it managed to make its way home with us (the piece of tissue paper in the upper right). The blue ticket is my winner.
It was a fun time. I enjoyed myself. I would not have imagined some of the things they used for acrobatics. (A huge ring, some long flat boards, trampolines, swings, trapeze, fire dancers, contortionists and some very funny clowns.) The best part was right after the contortionists finished with their performance, and Jared leaned over and said to me, “There are so many things that aren’t right about that.” I laughed and so did the publisher of our paper, who was sitting next to me. I wouldn’t mind seeing another show, provided it is as family-friendly as the one I just saw. Thumbs up to “Alegria” and the Herald for sending us.
Sounds like you had fun! I've wanted to see a Cirque du Soleil show since I moved to Vegas--it's just saving the money, planning a time, and picking a family friendly one ;) Glad you enjoyed it!
ReplyDeleteI saw "O" a long, long time ago but have memories of it being amazing. Glad you enjoyed your show.
ReplyDeleteIt's nice to win something! Especially when it turns out well, as yours did. Congratulations. Aunt Lynda
ReplyDeleteHa, it's funny Janet and I were just saying how you always win things and we never do. Glad you had a good time. I would like to see that show also.
ReplyDeleteWe enjoyed the Cirque du Soleil that performed at Sea World a few years ago. Incredible how they can move and contort their bodies! It was family rated - hurrah! Glad you had a good time.
ReplyDelete