Recently I went to a Young Women’s activity where we were asked to bring a few things that represented us to help others get to know you better.
I had a hard time narrowing it down to three, so I brought four. And put it in a box instead of a purse. Because, you know, I’m an “outside of the box” kind of girl.
I chose an Xbox controller because I like video games (and as three of my last five games on my gamer card have something to do with Halo, I guess you know my favorite game as well).
I love to read, and so I put in “The Hero of Ages” by Brandon Sanderson because it was the last book I had finished.
I also put in a measuring cup because I’ve learned that I like to cook and bake, and I like trying out new things. For example, in the last year or so I have taught myself how to make peanut brittle, fudge, bagels and chicken pot pies (to name just a few).
And finally, I put in the TV series “Firefly” because I like to watch movies and (some) TV shows. I don’t watch very much TV, but I am enjoying more now that I can stream some from Netflix. (The BBC “Robin Hood”, for example, is excellent.)
This doesn’t begin to cover all of my interests and likes, but it gives you a little taste.
So, that’s my life in a box. What would be in your purse (or box)?
UPDATE: In case you haven't figured it out, Marydalene did this post, not Jared. I messed up when logging in to Live Writer. My mistake.
It would be hard to choose. And we are having a similar Relief Society activity coming up in a few weeks. I've already been struggling with what three items to put in my bag. I like the measuring cup idea because I'm loving cooking/baking again. I might have to throw in a cd or something to represent my love of music. Not sure about the third.
ReplyDeleteI will admit that mine would be very similar to yours, but that is probably why we get along so well! I would have a game controller (wii remote, because I do play that more, but it might change now that I have an xbox), a book (because I do love to read... the whole librarian thing...) and an anime series (because I am a dork!). If I could put a fourth it would be a toss up between a measuring cup and my ipod. Music and cooking are some of the other things I enjoy.
ReplyDelete