On Memorial Day, we went to the zoo with thousands of other people, and looked at all the people … I mean animals.
We saw the giraffes, elephants and kitties. We also saw a bunch of monkeys, and other animals, that Sarah kept calling kitties. (We’re working on that.)
I’d do the whole lions and tigers and bears – oh my! – but the zoo currently does not have lions or bears. They are working on expanding that exhibit and so the animals are on temporary loan to another zoo during construction.
But I also had fun doing a little people watching, and spending the day with some of my extended family.
After the zoo we went and had a barbecue at my parents house, complete with homemade ice cream for dessert. I think the kids had fun, which was the whole point.
I am grateful for those who serve and have served in our armed forces and defend this country from many evils in the world. I salute you, and not just on Memorial Day. Thank you.
Looks and sounds like a fun day. And I gather a full and tiring day.
ReplyDeleteI love the giraffes at the San Diego Zoo and the Wild Animal park. I have enough pictures of giraffes to make a book! Don't you just love them? Looks like it was a great day, in spite of the crowd.
ReplyDeleteWe like zoos, and David LOVES zoos. Glad you had a good time even though the animals were "picked over?" Cute pictures. Aunt Lynda
ReplyDelete