One of the fun parts of my job as a designer is to have people see my page and go, “Oh, that’s fun.” Or pretty. Or whatever. It moves them, in the sense that they remember it for a while after they see it. I realize that every cover that I build will not be that high standard (that would be exhausting, for everyone involved), but every now and then I hit just the right chord with just the right story.
And it’s fun to see my peers agree.
I got this
for this.
And this
for this.
And yes, if you are counting, that means I took first and second place in the features design category for our class of newspaper (we are divided up by circulation).
And that, my friends, is one reason why I love my job.
Great work and a great Mom! Good on all fronts. Mostly, though, for who you are in addition to what you do so well.
ReplyDeleteCongratulations Mary! Well deserved awards. The pages look great.
ReplyDeleteCongrats! It is always nice to get kudos.
ReplyDeleteVery nice, Mary! Good job.
ReplyDelete