Pioneer Day for us has always been a little lower-key than my childhood, mainly because while I get the day off as one of my paid holidays (we trade for Martin Luther King Jr. Day), Jared does not. As I had a barely 2-month-old and two other kids to tote around, I wasn’t willing to do anything adventurous. So we just kicked it around home, pretty much sticking to the status quo, except we did make an excursion to go get some fireworks.
With three kids, and the fact that in July it doesn’t get fully dark until 10 p.m, we started our festivities while it was still a little light outside.
Ryan chilled in his swing (I love the look on his face in this photo -eyebrows raised way up, with his stick-up hair and clenched little fists), and was pretty unfazed by the fireworks.
His brother, however, chose to make funny faces when I pointed the camera his way.
Well, I guess you know his feelings on having his picture taken.
Jared got a bucket and filled it will a little bit of water to put our spent fireworks in to fully extinguish them before we threw them away. While the fireworks were fun, I think my kids had a bigger fascination for that silly bucket. I was constantly telling Sarah to get away from the bucket. Whatever.
But she’s pretty cute too, so I think we’ll keep her.
And I know this photo is mostly blurry, but it cracks me up. Sarah had a hard time throwing the little pop-its hard enough on the ground to set them off, so she would go and stomp on them instead. She got a kick out of it. Sometimes Timothy would do it too, but on purpose after he saw Sarah do it.
Happy (belated) Pioneer Day!
Ryan's picture makes me laugh. I think there is a Lawrence gene that doesn't like being in front of cameras (behind is another story). Love how Sarah figures out how to have fun her way.
ReplyDelete