I was supposed to be able to spend some time this evening getting photos ready and posting about how Sarah recently turned 5.
Instead, I spent the evening in the InstaCare adding to the collection of stitches for my little klutz.
Sarah and Timothy were playing around when I heard her cry of the more seriously hurt persuasion. I don’t know exactly what happened, but somehow Timothy and Sarah clocked heads. Timothy was fine, albeit in a bit of pain, but Sarah was more serious. She had a cut on her lip inside and out, and a bloody nose to boot. After evaluating her for a while, we decided that Sarah would benefit from some stitches, given the cut’s location and penchant for easily getting pulled open.
And so off to the InstaCare we went, and the nurse put a topical numbing agent on her cut while we waited. And waited. And waited. Unfortunately for us, this was the busiest I’ve ever seen this facility. We waited more than two hours before we could be seen by the doctor. Sarah was pretty good in the waiting room. We read a few books (“Cloudy With a Chance of Meatballs” more than once), she colored and she also played with the wire bead machine they had in the waiting room. I also let her play a few games on my phone, but my battery was running out so she wasn’t able to play too long.
Sarah did well up until the doctor pulled out the numbing shot. Then she started to cry, and I honestly have to think it was more of being freaked out than actually being in pain. She whined and fussed all through the procedure; she didn’t really stop until we had almost left the office. I think she was more annoyed and tired (it was already way past her bedtime before we got in to see the doctor).
In all, Sarah has added two to her growing number of stitches. (She got the previous seven when she was 2.) Ideally, I’d like her to get older and surpass in years her number of stitches before she gets anymore. Even better would be for her to not get any more in her lifetime, but that’s not being realistic given her track record.
I’d just settle for her not to have the next stitches be on her face.
Well, a mom can hope.
Here's hoping!!
ReplyDelete