You remember how I told you I lost my job?
Well, I can still do good work. Award-winning work. Wanna see?
I won this
for this.
And this
for this.
And this
for this. (And yes, this one should be familiar. I also won an award for it in a different contest.)
If you’re keeping track, then yes: I took first, second and third place in this features page design category for this contest. I thought I had a chance at winning at least two of them (like I did last year), but I had no idea that I would win all three. It’s really too bad I don’t have a job anymore.
Yes, you may pause to savor in the irony of that statement. Award-winning designer without a job.
Anyone hiring?
In some ways, these awards feels like vindication for forcing me to leave. On the other hand, I miss it (although I must admit, I don’t miss the daily stress of meeting deadlines). Then again, I have faith that I have made the right decision and that there is a way forward for me and our family. I just have to find someone to see my potential.
And as these awards show, I have the talent to do it.
I didn't know you lost your job. That stinks! But congrats on the awards. You deserve them!
ReplyDeleteawards well earned. something even better must be around the corner for such talent and hard work.
ReplyDeleteCongratulations Mary.
ReplyDelete