I should be sad about this, I really should, but I’m not because the trade-off just isn’t worth it.
And I wish I could say that this is a once-in-a-blue-moon kind of thing, but it’s become quite the norm lately for us.
Why is that? I put her to bed on time, mostly. She sleeps through the night. Why is she so tired? The problem comes with learning to be potty trained. She has mastered it during the day (and wears underwear all day long), but at night she still wears a Pull-up. (Nighttime is harder for her, and while she keeps it dry 6 out of 7 nights running, she still has her nights where she doesn’t quite make it.)
And what does this have to do with my baby doll falling asleep at dinner? Well, she wakes up too early to go potty in the morning and won’t go back to bed. She also won’t take a nap during the day either. (If you know of my daughter’s, um, shall we say, strong personality, then this will make perfect sense.) And so, when dinner rolls around, she’s exhausted.
It’s terribly sad and cute. But I’d rather have a little girl who is potty trained than have one that is completely awake at dinnertime. Pick your battles, I say, and I’ve chosen my side. Underwear all the way, dude. We can sleep later. Or, you know, now is good, too.
That is pretty stinkin cute. I love the glasses all askew!
ReplyDelete