It's been six years since I've been pregnant with Timothy, and so I'm a little rusty on how all this works. I convinced myself that I could wait until 20 weeks to get out my maternity clothes, but alas, I have been rudely awakened to the reality that waiting that long is not possible.
This thought occurred to me at about 16 weeks when I discovered that I couldn't wait to change into something more comfortable than my jeans. It was a hint, I gathered, from my expanding belly that maybe 20 weeks was a little too far away.
So since I didn't own any maternity pants, I went shopping. And of course, the only style that I could find that was about the length I like with my long legs was the flair jeans. And I mean flair. Good grief, bell bottom city. And while everyone I've talked to says that they're cute, I think they're ridiculous, frankly. I realize that they want pregnant women to be all cute and fashionable, but there are some styles that I avoid even when I'm not pregnant.
Ah, all that we do for the sake of comfort.
My oh my - don't know if I remember bell bottoms that big in the 60's or 70's - of course my memory not always reliable.
ReplyDeleteLet's hear it for comfort and pants that fit.
You should look at OldNavy.com. I remember them having a lot of different styles and you can get them in tall sizes as well. Gap.com does that too, but you can't find them in the stores. You know what else you need? A Bella Band. You can get them at motherhood maternity. They hold your pants up for you without having to zip them. I didn't wear a pair of maternity pants the whole time I was pregnant with Lizzy. I was WAY more comfortable.
ReplyDeleteI certainly know the woes of maternity clothes, you feel like finding anything to wear is such a chore! Good luck!