Marydalene wanted some chocolate milk the other day so she picked up a quart. She's pregnant, she can do that.
Timothy is a tremendous fan of chocolate milk. It's one of his great pleasures in life.
Tonight, as part of his helping set the table, I asked Timothy to put the milk on the table. As he was reaching for the milk he saw the chocolate milk and said, "Daddy, do you like chocolate milk?"
"Yes, I do."
"I'll get the chocolate milk for you."
"Did you have chocolate milk at lunch?" (We only allow one glass of chocolate milk per day.)
"Yes."
"I'll just have regular milk with you," I said, not wanting to have him have to watch me have chocolate milk while he was having plain.
"But you like chocolate milk, you should have some. I'll get the chocolate milk for you."
We went another round or two of my trying to refuse and Timothy insisting. He finally won out.
He's such a kind little kid, but he is still a little kid. Upon seeing just a little bit left in the container when I got done pouring he said, "I'll have the rest tomorrow."
How Precious! Timothy is a real sweetheart. So is his daddy.
ReplyDelete