So as an excuse, I decided to make some chocolate sauce to take a picture of it so I could blog about it (the recipe was requested at the mini Cowles family reunion at our home in July).
Chocolate Sauce
1 oz. unsweetened chocolate
1/3 cup white sugar
1 can evaporated milk
Melt the chocolate over medium-low heat in a small saucepan, stirring frequently so the chocolate doesn’t burn. Remove from heat and add sugar, stirring until combined. (It will be pretty thick and will stick together in soft clumps.) Return pan to heat and gradually add milk, stirring frequently, until you reach the consistency you want. For a single batch, you’ll probably use about 1/3 to 2/5 of the can of milk. Heat and stir until the sugar dissolves, about 3-5 minutes. The sauce thickens as it cools, so if you want it thinner when cool, add more milk earlier. (We do this when using the sauce for homemade ice cream so it won’t melt the homemade as easily.) Store leftovers in the fridge, and reheat over medium-low heat. Watch carefully, as it will burn easier on reheating. Don’t let it boil, ever. It ruins the chocolate. (This is the basic recipe, obviously it can be increased as much as you want. I think 5 or 6 oz. of chocolate uses the entire can of milk. And I don’t know the source. It’s just something my mom taught me to make that we had growing up.)
Beware, however, if you decide to make it, as you may end up with beggars at your table.
This is typical Sarah. Whatever you are eating, she feels she is entitled to some. Especially if it’s ice cream. And even if she’s already had her own bowl.
I’m a sucker for a cute pair of blue eyes.
Yummy sauce, I'd be begging for some too. Thanks for sharing the recipe.
ReplyDeleteSee, we could start a chocolate blog-a new chocolate recipe each day of the year! Sounds delicious, maybe that would be a good treat tonight!
ReplyDeleteLooks good to me. I'm a sucker for dessert. Aunt Lynda
ReplyDelete