It was bound to happen sooner or later. She is a second child, after all. In my (weak) defense, it’s hard to think about it being cold when it’s 80 degrees outside. Alas, I forgot – or ignored – the forecasted 30-degree temperature drop that blew into town right on schedule on Sept. 30. And when it came time to go get Timothy from school, I realized that Sarah didn’t have a jacket. And so I did what any sensible parent would do … I raided my son’s closet and found a jacket he wore when he was about 2.
She wasn’t sad about wearing the jacket, she was sad because she was tired and I was taking her picture, not holding her. But it’s such a cute sad face that I had to include it.
I have since rectified the situation, and Sarah is now the proud owner of a lighter jacket that is brown with pink stitching and a heavier pink winter coat. Both are very girly, which I hope atones for my mistake.
She couldn't look much like a boy in those cute pants. I love the sad face. Aunt Lynda
ReplyDeleteShe's too young to know and care that she's wearing a masculine jacket. But that sad face is just adorable - makes you want to pick her up and make it a happy face.
ReplyDeleteWith our weather being so hot (though it was a bit on the chilly side yesterday and today) it is hard for me to plan for Utah fall weather.
You are a better mom than I. Both Hannah and Katie wore Jeremiah's winter coat he wore when he was 2 I guess I am too cheap to spend money on a different coat when I have one already. Yes, they were mistaken for boys quite frequently in the coat, but oh well, I hope it didn't tramatize them too much.
ReplyDeleteI didn't mind putting a boy's jacket on my little girl but I wouldn't put my little girl's jacket on my little boy! Sarah is just too huggable!
ReplyDelete