So, it seems that this baby has his/her own timetable. I'm hoping that it's just a quirk of this pregnancy and not a sign of what this baby will be like when he/she arrives in July.
I had another doctor's appointment this past week and my doctor pulled out his little doppler to hear the baby's heartbeat. As you may or may not recall, at my last appointment during my ultrasound, the baby didn't move enough for the doctor to say for certain what gender the baby was. Well, this time around with the doppler, the baby wouldn't hold still long enough for my doctor to hear the heartbeat. He heard plenty of movement, but no thump thump.
After talking with the doctor, I get the impression that I probably won't have another ultrasound before July unless there's a real need. I'm healthy and the baby appears to be healthy also (with all the movement, my consistent weight gain and my enlarging belly), so barring a real need, the gender of this baby will most likely remain a mystery.
To quote a person well known for being thwarted in many things, good grief.
I had another doctor's appointment this past week and my doctor pulled out his little doppler to hear the baby's heartbeat. As you may or may not recall, at my last appointment during my ultrasound, the baby didn't move enough for the doctor to say for certain what gender the baby was. Well, this time around with the doppler, the baby wouldn't hold still long enough for my doctor to hear the heartbeat. He heard plenty of movement, but no thump thump.
After talking with the doctor, I get the impression that I probably won't have another ultrasound before July unless there's a real need. I'm healthy and the baby appears to be healthy also (with all the movement, my consistent weight gain and my enlarging belly), so barring a real need, the gender of this baby will most likely remain a mystery.
To quote a person well known for being thwarted in many things, good grief.
Hmmm...That's got to be frustrating. But, good to know that she/he is healthy. Thanks for posting.
ReplyDeleteMary it is a good thing you like Lawrences - this baby sounds like a true R A Lawrence family member. We do tend to do our own thing at our own pace. Life will never be dull and most memories wonderful.
ReplyDeleteHealthy is good for she/he and mom. Grateful all is going well - if you ignore the "my way."