It seems the lonely Maytag repairman is a myth.
Last Monday I was out at midnight buying ice to put in our refrigerator and freezer to keep our food from spoiling. Our refrigerator had stopped working, again. We bought a Maytag in large part because of it's reputation for reliability bolstered by Mary's family's personal experience with Maytags.
When the repairman came on Wednesday we found out that it was the same problem as last time. The fan in the freezer that circulates the cold air had quit working. We were told that the fan design had been changed since the old ones had proved unreliable. I'd say so, since ours has failed twice in less than five years. I sure hope this new fan lasts more than two years or we might have to be shopping for a refrigerator. I sure don't want to pay $200 every two years to keep my refrigerator running.
Painful! Two years ago Thanksgiving our refrig. quit working just after we had shopped for Thanksgiving dinner 3 days early. I can relate, somewhat.
ReplyDeleteOuch! Doesn't take very long to pay for a new fridge at $200 a pop. Understand Maytag isn't as reliable as it used to be - an idea supported by the repairman that came out to make the needed repair on our recalled Maytag dishwasher. (Suspect it was a recall motivated by their legal department after a VERY small percentage of reported fires.)
ReplyDeleteWe too had a refrigerator quit working just after purchasing Thanksgiving dinner supplies - a few refrigerators ago.