Can I tell you how much I hate daylight savings time?
This morning I nearly had to resort to dynamite to get Timothy out of bed to go to his preschool. He always woke up on his own before DST kicked in. Of course this was after I was late getting out of bed myself.
Why must we persist in this nonsense? Aren't there multiple studies showing that DST has no positive effect on energy consumption? I know I have heard some studies being reported recently that actually show an increase in energy costs while on DST. I'd link to the studies, but I'm too tired to bother.
Let's get rid of DST. I mean really, why do we have to get jet lag twice a year without even a trip to make it worth it?
Funny - loved your last line.
ReplyDeleteEven in Las Vegas, which is in the WRONG time zone, I am struggling this year the get on schedule. I think the change is the problem--just an hour is a lot when you're sleeping.
ReplyDeleteAmen! Let's start a petition or something, it's making my life WAY too complicated. I have to admit that I don't mind the 'fall back' part of it though. Maybe we can just go back an hour every time. :)
ReplyDeleteLaura I like your idea!
ReplyDelete