I haven’t been good at keeping up with my running and biking goals this summer, and as a result, I wasn’t prepared to run one of my favorite races when it rolled around in June. I decided kind of at the last minute to sign up for the 5K as an alternative to the half marathon that I usually run for this race, mostly for the silly reason that I really LOVE my shirt from last year. So, basically, I ran to get a new shirt.
Lest you think my motives were entirely superficial, one of the other reasons I love to run it is that 100 percent of the race entrance fees go to helping cancer patients pay for their treatment. So, I help people in need as well, so it’s a good cause.
Jared stayed home with the kids, so I did this race solo. I’m not in the best running shape, but I did fairly well considering I didn’t really know what to expect.
The sunrise was pretty. It always is.
And here I am, near the finish line.
And here I am, post race.
I finished 8th in my division, which was a surprise, frankly. Usually I’m at the back of the pack. And I wish I could say that I set a PR, but it wasn’t the case this year. I think it was my fastest 5K this year, however, which is always good. I finished 87 out of 475 in the women’s division. I was 4:23 off of my division leader. With my 31:45 time, it put me at a 9:55 minute mile. Ain’t nothing to complain about.
Anyway, back to the shirt. Of which I held such high hopes.
It doesn’t fit nearly as well. It has a different, less soft fabric, and the collar sticks up to boot. Serves me right for entering a race for a shirt.






Comments
Post a Comment