I think you know we are crazy people and like to run. In July is one of our favorite family runs, the Freedom Run, which is hosted by America’s Freedom Festival. We took a little pre-race selfie with our family. (Yes, my son is that tall. Stop growing already. You’re going to be taller than me way too soon.)
We had quite the audience at the finish line: Barbara, Suzanne and Richard. I won’t kid myself: they weren’t there for us, but mostly for Janet. But that’s OK. We liked seeing them anyway.
Part of this race runs along the Freedom Festival parade route, and this year all the radio DJs that were hosting all the announcement stands were thinking they were all kinds of clever. Every single stand that I passed was either just beginning, in mid-song, or finishing “The Eye of the Tiger.”
I’m all for fun running songs, but seriously? That’s all you’ve got Mr. DJ? At every single stand? So, since I heard it half a dozen times or more, the unofficial anthem of this year’s Freedom Run is “Eye of the Tiger.” Everyone take note.
This year, Janet ran the race with us, her first 5K.
And a little family portrait. Ryan and Sarah hung out with the grandparents and Barbara while we were running.
We ran with 3160 of our best friends. So, quite the crowd. Jared was the first to cross the finish line, with a time of 28:12.7, which put him 33 out of 153 in his division, and 631 overall. Timothy came in second with a time of 28:30.2, which put him 50 out of 198 in his division, and 661 overall. I came in next, with a time of 30:54.6, which put me 32 out of 212 in my division, and 960 overall. Janet came in at 40:08.7; her goal was to run the entire race without walking (which she did); her time put her at 87 out of 138 in her division and 1043 overall. You can see more details at RunSum’s site.
And some more post-race pictures.
And yes, we will run it again next year. We’re kind of crazy like that.












Marvelous
ReplyDelete