For Memorial Day, Janet invited us to go hike Silver Lake with her. I’d never been before, and it sounded like a fun little hike.
I knew that it would be cooler, as Silver Lake is up by one of the ski resorts, so I knew the altitude would be high. And I even still expected some snow. I just didn’t expect the lake to still be half frozen. The snow was quite deep on some parts of the trail. It made for some ... adventurous times at moments. (I think I was the only one who didn’t fall on the snowy parts of the trail. Which was good for me because I was hauling Ryan on my back.)
But, it was very beautiful and I loved the hike. Janet took some of these pictures as well, so it was a joint effort.
We were going to let Ryan walk as much of the trail as he wanted, but he kept wanting to go into the water. So, for his safety as well as our sanity, into the backpack he went. He didn’t complain much, but he still kept asking to go into the water. Sorry son, but late May in Utah mountains does not a warm swim make.
On this last picture, something must have been bumped on the camera, for it was too overexposed for me to save completely, even shooting in raw. But, what I got was kind of cool, and I like the artistic look of it. (I wish I could have saved some of the others she shot at the end, but this was the only one I could get anything recognizable out of.) So Janet, here’s to your unwitting artistic shot. I rather like it.
Not pictured: Our hilarious hike to the picnic bench. Because it was a holiday, we weren’t the only individuals up there who thought to bring a picnic lunch. So, one of the only free benches was one that was surrounded by snow. It required a hike across the snow to get to and from it. And some of the spots I sank up to my thigh (and if you know of my long legs, that means it was more than 2 feet of snow). Janet got stuck a few times (being tall does have an advantage in that I have a little more leverage than those of the vertically challenged persuasion). Timothy and Sarah couldn’t stop laughing. Me neither.























Comments
Post a Comment